Dental Care Services
Cedar Spring Family Dentistry in Spartanburg, SC, can handle all of your general dental and oral care needs—and then some. Our four dentists, Dr. Derek Herring, Dr. Steven Richards, Dr. Woollen and Dr. Birch, and our team of licensed dental hygienists and assistants have the experience and knowledge to take care of all your needs. From preventive care to pediatric services to cosmetic restorations, you are in the best hands at Cedar Spring Family Dentistry.
Most dentistry looks like you’ve “had work done.” Our goal is to provide dentistry that is undetectable. We replace existing crowns and fillings with restorations that look and feel like your natural teeth. You do not have to settle for dental work that leaves you less than 100 percent confident and happy about your smile and appearance.
A lot has changed and many technological advances have been made in dental care in recent years. At Cedar Spring Family Dentistry, we have incorporated these advances into our practice. We know you will like the results. Learn more about how we use the latest technology to give you a natural smile.
Request an appointment
Our dental services in Spartanburg include:
- Crowns: A full-coverage ceramic "cap" that is bonded to remaining tooth structure in order to provide maximum strength, full function, and natural aesthetics. Crowns are used when a large amount of natural tooth is destroyed by cavities, fractures, endodontic therapy, or trauma.
- Bridges: A bonded, ceramic denture used to replace one missing tooth by covering the adjacent teeth on either side of the missing tooth.
- Dentures: Removable prosthetic devices that replace missing teeth. They can be supported by gum tissue, remaining teeth, or implants.
- Extractions: Removing teeth that are damaged beyond repair or causing systemic pain and infection.
- Fillings: Replacing damaged tooth structure from cavities or trauma with tooth-colored bonded composite resin.
- Grinding (Bruxism) Prevention Appliances: Custom, patient-specific, expertly designed devices to prevent damage to teeth, joint pain, and muscle soreness.
- Implants: Titanium "screws" that replace tooth roots, integrated into bone, which can support single crowns, bridges, or removable dentures.
- Inlays: When a cavity is too large for a filling, a solid piece is cemented in place over the tooth
- Oral Cancer Screenings: During routine exams, the dentist will visibly evaluate soft tissue and feel for irregularities that could indicate pathologic changes.
- Pediatric Services: Our dentists and hygienists are trained to provide preventative care, cleanings and oral health care to children starting at age 2.
- Preventive Care Therapy: Thorough evaluation and cleaning by the hygienist and dentist to determine the condition of your oral health. Frequency of therapy and radiographic evaluation is variable depending on the individuals needs and overall health.
- Root canals (Endodontic Therapy): Root canals treat diseases or abscessed teeth. Once a tooth is injured, cracked or decayed, it is necessary to open the tooth and clean out the infected tissue in the center. This space is then filled and the opening sealed.
- Sealants: Dental sealants, usually applied to the chewing surface of back teeth, act as a barrier against decay-causing bacteria.
- Sleep Apnea Appliances: This chronic, epidemic that has serious risks is best treated by CPAP. When a patient is not a good candidate for a CPAP, our dentists can prescribe a device to allow the airway to remain open during sleep. The appropriate treatment is always determined and managed by a certified sleep physician.
- Veneers: Strong, thin pieces of ceramic or resin material that are bonded to the teeth to repair chipped, decayed or stained teeth, or to help close gaps between teeth.
- SureSmile Aligners: Cedar Spring's Dr. Birch is certified in SureSmile, a clear aligner treatment that is comfortable and removable. This technology offers clearly impressive comfort and durability. Ask us about SureSmile Aligners today!
- Emergency & Same-Day Treatments: Sometimes life hands you a toothache, or some other urgent dental matter. When situations like these arise that need immediate care, Cedar Spring is there for you. We can often see patients same-day, or even on the weekends. Our goal is to provide the best dental and patient care, no matter what.